How to Promote Your Product Even if You Are Low on Cashby Michelle Horstman on 03/02/13
In this tough economy, many people think they don't have the cash it takes to promote their products. There are many creative things you can do to promote on a low or nonexistent budget, and here are just a few to get you started:
- Attend trade shows in related fields. Introduce your product/service and pass out your business cards.
- Use social media regularly, including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. There are even lots of free resources on how to do this. Check out a free Kindle ebook and get started!
- Choose a product giveaway that's inexpensive yet will still be kept by your customer or potential customer for a long time, like business card magnets, plastic wallet cards, sticky note pads and many more economical choices.
- Pick up the phone. You can call existing customers to let them know about a new product you are carrying or cold call for an appointment.
- Network locally and online. Join local business and service groups, as well as online groups, where you can encourage and refer to each other.
- Gently remind your friends and neighbors about what you do. People often forget that their next door neighbor might sell the very thing they are looking for. Be sure they think of you first when the need arises.
Don't let the economy get you down. Try a new approach today, and if it doesn't work for you, try another. Take a day just to brainstorm on creative ways to get the word out, and you may surprise yourself with all you come up with.